As much as I love creating healthy desserts out of chickpeas and white beans, I wanted to give you another option, ya know, for the paleo folk. These dense and delicious blondies are made with extra ripe bananas and my favorite protein powder: PEScience Select Protein. I used their Cookies and Cream flavor (can sub any protein you like). Get 25% off ANY PEScience product by using my coupon code PBCHOCO.
If you love this recipe, please share it on social media using the buttons at the bottom!
Recipe serves 4 and macros per blondie are: 281 calories/ 41 carbs/ 10g fat/17g protein
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c coconut flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1/4 c nut butter (I used Red Velvet Peanut Butter by Buff Bake get 10% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1/4 c maple syrup (or honey/agave)
- 1 tsp beet root powder
- cocoa nibs for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, then add maple syrup and nut butter until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with cocoa nibs.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into 4 squares and serving.