Pumpkin, chocolate and almond butter–I can’t think of a better combination of flavors! Did I mention these Pumpkin Bars are healthy and made with only whole food ingredients!?
If you love this recipe, please share it on your favorite social media sites by using the buttons at the bottom!
- 1/2 c Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 c Coconut Flour
- 1/2 c Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I used PEScience Snickerdoodle flavor get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. Ground Flax
- 1 Egg, large
- 1 tsp. Stevia
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
Almond Butter Layer:
- 1/4 c Almond Butter (I used Buff Bake Snickerdoodle flavor get 10% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup (agave or honey)
- 1/3 c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 c Coconut Oil
- 1/4 c Maple Syrup (agave or honey)
- Cocoa Nibs for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare an 8×8 in pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the pumpkin layer and then add wet. Mix just until combined.
- Press pumpkin dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake for 6 minutes.
- While cooling, melt and mix almond layer ingredients together. Pour over pumpkin layer.
- Melt chocolate layer ingredients together and pour over almond butter layer and sprinkle with cocoa nibs. Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes before cutting into bars and serving. Store in fridge or freezer.
Why drink your coffee when you can eat it? Well, for 78 calories per cookie you can have your coffee and eat it too!
Go a head and indulge a little because these cookies are made with only 5 all natural ingredients and take only 10 minutes from start to finish.
I used Buff Bake Almond Butter-Coffee Flavored but I’m going to give you a substitute incase you don’t have this delicious flavor on hand. If aren’t a nut butter addict like I am (and have entire pantry dedicated to your precious flavored jars) but want to start a collection, you can get 10% off your Buff Bake order using code PBCHOCO.
If you love this recipe please share it on Pinterest and Facebook using the buttons at the bottom!
Macros per cookie: 78 calories, 4 carbs, 5g fat, 5g protein
Recipe makes 13 cookies.
- Pre-heat oven to 350f.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Roll dough into 13 even sized balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a wet fork, press balls flat.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
***Can sub Coffee Almond Butter with all natural almond butter mixed with 1-2 tsp. ground coffee or instant coffee
**Can sub with flax egg for vegan
Healthy pumpkin cheesecake bars with a gingerbread cookie crust and topped with a decadent layer of homemade chocolate because how the heck else are you going to eat protein cheesecake?
I used Snickerdoodle PEScience Select Protein Powder because oh my god, snickerdoodle and pumpkin were made to be together! I’m sure vanilla flavored protein will also work but you can get 25% off PEScience orders using code PBCHOCO 🙂
If you love this recipe, please PIN it on PINTEREST using the Pinterest button at the bottom!
Recipe makes 12 bars.
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 scoop snickerdoodle protein powder
- 1.5 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c maple syrup (or honey/agave)
- Pre-heat oven to 300f and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix all gingerbread ingredients together. Roll dough into a ball and press flat into the bottom of the pan. (If dough is too sticky, add a few tablespoons of oat flour)
- Place all cheesecake ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour over crust and bake for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool completely. While cooling, melt chocolate ingredients together and pour over cheesecake. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares and serving.